Women’s Ministries at First Presbyterian stands firmly on the Biblical principle of growing in the knowledge and faith of our Lord Jesus Christ. In that mission we have established goals which are implemented through activities, including regular breakfast meetings and Bible studies that are available to all women in the Church and in the community.
- Early Church History of First Presbyterian Church of Salem, extracted and paraphrased, by Austin B. Ricketts, from a handwritten manuscript originally written by Col. Robert Johnson and Anna Hunter Van Meter.
- That each woman may seek to be able to willingly share the gospel with others.
- That each woman understand the importance of a regular “quiet time”, in which she will read her Bible and pray.
- That each woman take the opportunity to participate in a group Bible study, one in which the teaching of sound doctrine is of paramount importance.
- That each woman make corporate worship a priority every Lord’s Day.
- That each woman would be drawn into fellowship with others in the church.
- That each woman seek to determine her own giftedness and find a place in the life of the church to “fan into flame” the gift she has been given.
- That each woman would prayerfully consider how to reach out to the generation coming behind her; to train and to teach sound doctrine.